I can’t believe my little one is 2 months old already. We are finally at a point where having this Autumn around feels normal and I personally can’t imagine life without her. She has grown so much in the past 2 months its incredible. We still haven’t started sharing pictures of her yet, I like to keep her to myself as long as possible, but I will definitely be sharing some pics of her by our next update! So here’s what little Autumn has been up to…
- She’s more alert during the day, she pays attention to me when I talk to her and follows movements around her.
- She hates tummy time, but don’t they all at this age?
- She loves her play mat, she’ll lay there for so long just looking around at her toys and the world around her.
- She finally smiled for the first time (not gas). From day one this little one has melted my heart by smiling in her sleep all the time, and finally I got a smile while she was wide awake and looking right at me. (pinch me)
- She’s discovered her voice, she doesn’t coo or talk very much but she just started to recently and I know she’ll be doing it a lot soon!
- She weighed 9 pounds at her 1 month appointment, I’m not sure where she’s at now until her her 2 month appointment, but she’s already in 3 month clothing, so I have a little chunker on my hands, which I just love.
- She just started enjoying her bath time, once she settles into her tub she just sits there quietly while mommy bathes her, and it’s so sweet.
- My sweet little angel has started to stretch her feedings at night. Her record so far? One feeding at 2am, it was wonderful! Typically though she’s waking up twice at night around 2am and then again at 5.
- She’s officially on an eating schedule during the day, she’s eating every 4 hours starting at 8am and she’s in bed after her last bottle at 8pm. This is the same schedule her sister was on and it worked great for us.
- She a cuddle bug, and I am eating it up. One thing I missed as my first born got older was cuddling with her at night, so I am really enjoying it with Autumn before the day comes when she wants to be on her own at night. =[
- Her sister absolutely loves her, and I can’t wait for her to be old enough for them to play together!
- Overall she has been an easy baby and a delight to be with every day!
It’s been a great two months, exhausting, but great. I have one month of Maternity leave left and I just want to cherish every moment with my two girls. Having two this young (2 months and 16 months) has been quite an adjustment. Leaving the house to go to Walmart or Starbucks is such a difficult thing to do now, but I’m getting the hang of it. My life just takes a lot more planning ahead now, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Still can’t believe it’s been 2 months, I am so excited to see how much Autumn will grow in this next month. She is a true blessing, and I am one lucky mama!