Since this sweet little blog of mine has officially been around for a year now, and January is all about goals and resolutions, I thought it would be a great idea to share my blog goals for 2015. I am definitely a goal setter, a list maker, and when I saw this link up at The Grand Adventures of Me, I knew I had to join in, even if I am a few days late!
When I started my blog a year ago I didn’t really have any goals for what I wanted to accomplish. At the time I already had my youtube channel, and I figured since I always wanted to have a blog, it would be a great time to start one and have something to accompany my videos. Fast forward a year later and blogging is nothing that I thought it would be, I enjoy doing it so much, and I really want this next year to be amazing! I want to put a lot more energy and effort into my blog, and really create something special.
So to do that, I made 5 goals that I want to reach by the end of this year. They are all, I believe, achievable, and not too challenging. I think they are all great stepping stones to my even bigger dreams for my blog. So here they are:
1. Redesign my website myself. I love the layout I have right now, but I’ve had it for quite a while now, and I just feel like I want to create a site that really captures me (and of course that no one else will have). And I feel like the only way to truly do that is to do it myself. I’m sure I could get a custom theme done and it would be amazing, but I would really like to be the creative mind behind every aspect of my blog, I’ve been wanting to learn how to do it since I started blogging, and I think its time I hop to it!
2. Do more things, go more places, and document more memories. I will not allow myself to invest in a high quality camera, because I never remember to take pictures with the camera I currently have! I swear it sits on my dresser more days than not. I want this blog to really document my life, and I think the best way to do that is to follow one simple rule. “Live First, Blog Second”. I need to go out and live my life, and then make sure I document all of the great memories, so that I can share them with you guys! I also want to create higher quality content overall and share really interesting and inspiring things with you.
3. Stick to a schedule, and plan ahead. I have been trying for weeks now to start posting Monday through Friday every week. But life has gotten in the way, a lack of ideas to post about has prevented me from doing this, and in some cases pure laziness has been my downfall each week. So I really want to start planning posts ahead of time, keeping up with my editorial calendar in my Erin Condren planner (gotta update you guys on my new one soon! I love it!), and staying organized so that keeping a set schedule can be easier and more manageable.
4. Increase my number of loyal readers. Like most bloggers, I’m sure, I want to see my blog grow in readership, I want to build more relationships with people through the things I write on here. I don’t want to put a set number on where I want to be at the end of the year, but I usually set goals every month for how many new followers I want to reach on all of my social networks, so as long as I am hitting those goals, and there is a significant increase at the end of the year, I’ll know I’m on track. But I also want more readers that will return to my blog often, so I want to create a newsletter, connect more with my readers on social networks, and be one of those bloggers that my readers feel comfortable talking to.
5. Start a Sponsorship program. I am so excited for the day that I start offering sponsorships on my blog, I am eager to do giveaways, guest posts and spotlights, and give other bloggers a chance to get some exposure and gain new readers. I feel like I need to get the organization aspect of my blog together before I can do this though. I definitely want to get to a point of a routine, because I definitely want to be able to give my sponsors a great experience, like the ones I’ve had when I’ve sponsored other blogs. I think it will be a lot of fun, and I’m hoping I can start doing it soon, but at least by the end of the year!
Those are my blog goals for 2015, what do you think? Do you have any similar goals, or some new ones that you want to share below?? If you want to check out some more bloggers and their goals for this year, maybe for some inspiration, click the button below and head over to the link up! xoxo