Woohoo it’s my birthday. But wait, what? I’m 25?? When did that happen? I honestly can’t believe I’m already 5 years into my 20’s, and 5 years away from being in my 30’s. Hold on, I need a moment to let that soak in… Ok, I’m good now. I have to say no matter how old I get I love celebrating my birthday, always have, it’s the best day of the year, and I am always looking forward to it. It’s the one day of the year I can be a brat and care only about myself and no one cares! 25 is going to be a great year for me, I’m really looking forward to 2015 and enjoying this next year in my life. I’m thankful to see another birthday, and I am excited for the things I will accomplish during this year of my life.
My plan today is to stuff my face with as many sweets as possible, drink as much as I can, and dance the night away. But before I do that I want to share with you 25 lessons I’ve learned in 25 years, take it all in, and enjoy, I’m off to celebrate my birthday, and party the night away!
1. Find the things in life that make you happy, and do them!
2. Cherish your family.
3. Make time to see new places! The World is beautiful, and there are so many amazing things to see.
4. Smile as often as you can.
5. Love Deeply.
6. Allow yourself to enjoy the good things in life (like Chipotle).
7. Success is how you measure it, don’t compare yourself to others.
8. We all make bad decisions, learn from them, and move forward.
9. Trust is a hard thing to gain once it’s broken.
10. Throw happiness around like confetti.
11. Forgive others. You’ll only hurt yourself if you don’t.
12. After 25 years on this Earth, I still don’t know everything.
13. Growing up isn’t as great as it sounds.
14. Laugh every day and be silly all the time.
15. Be the friend to others that you would want them to be to you.
16. Focus on the positive things in life, and count your blessings.
17. It’s ok to be sad, and have a few regrets, but turn that into motivation.
18. Celebrate every Holiday and Birthday.
19. Drink Starbucks, it’s amazing.
20. Wine is the best way to end the night.
21. See each hard time as a lesson, and a stepping stone to something better.
22. Take the advice your parents give you, even if you didn’t ask for it.
23. Capture as many special moments as you can. It’s always great to look back.
24. Go for your dreams, if they are scary, it means they are worth it!
25. Life is Short. Go live it, and enjoy every day as much as you can!